Thursday, October 8, 2009

Howdy Howdy Howdy....(vomit)

So, here I go off on the trail first blazed in the Shenkin Clan by my father (buddshenkin.blogspot.com)! I am nervous about opening up my hockey thoughts to the rest of the world to read, as I am often wrong and unintentionally rude to people. I guess that will be included in the "working on finding my voice" part of my development as a young blogger.

As the four of you who are reading this must be wondering, "why the hell is Pete starting a blog, and how is he going to find the time to blog during school!?" I am starting this blog because I am so frustrated with trying to get a word in to other knowledgeable people in the message board/comments section venue. I don't need this blog to be read, nor am I sure I particularly want it to be read broadly but if by some chance my blog becomes a venue for some other Sharks or Bay Area sports fans to collect, I will be okay with that.

I like to talk about the Sharks extensively: the players, the past, the history, the things we didn't notice then, the things we think will happen in the future, the in-game mistakes, the lessons to be learned, and the lessons that were obviously not learned. Perhaps the best way to view this blog would be as a workspace to play with thoughts and sharpen the hockey mind of those involved, and to do so in a reasonable, more academic way. If you're here, I guarantee you're going to be heard above the fray so there isn't a need to yell.

I am also a bit of a sentimental guy so I promise there might be some posts ruminating on the history of the team. I often feel that there is a real lack of palpable Sharks history on the internet and in real life. Part of my goal is to bring the history of the team back to life in our memories by sorting through the material available and, as if we were in a sports bar drinking beers, look back with excessive fondness. Some of the posts might be describing things I remember and some might be trying to figure out things I didn't understand back then. Thanks to YouTube, we can all share and glorify the memories of past eighteen years.

I hope this goes well!

Pete

No comments:

Post a Comment