Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Oh wassup, blog?!

Hey dudes,
So, as you have all pointed out directly to me, I had not posted in a long time. There is truth in that argument. I'd like to point out that I had actually taken SharksMeows into a new form of blogging that I am working on, called "direct-source spoken word blogging," or DSSWB. It's very personal but is completely distinct from just having a conversation about the Sharks with Greg and Matt.

Unfortunately, DSSWB didn't work out so well for other people to follow along with all my brilliant thoughts and ramblings. So, I'm back here for more.

To prevent long delays between postings, I will shortly be hiding any personal information on my account settings and will be giving passwords to this blog to my friends Matt Brown and Greg Franks. I'll let them introduce themselves but I will point out that both are inferior to me and they send me weekly emails telling me how great I am.

Quick Hits:
- I am bothered by Seto's lack of production away from Big Joe and I am, frankly, disappointed because I thought he could score on his own. I think a lot of his problems might come from having a right-handed center as opposed to a left-handed center. Seto likes the puck on his forehand on the right side of the high to mid slot, a place Big Joe could easily feed off his forehand but Little Joe struggles to reach of his backhand.

-I am still in love with Scott Nichol but now Manny Malhotra is high on my list of man-crushes. His work on the rink is impressive in its completeness. If only he scored more!

-Joe Thornton is operating too much on the boards for him to be as dangerous as he can be. When he comes out to the center of the rink and keeps his feet moving he is, unbelievably, more likely to open up his linemates or himself for a goal than he would be when he coasts along the boards. Coasting along the boards is a good place for him to go and be comfortable but the problem is that he ends up with his linemates scurrying around defenseman who are able to play pretty good defense while just standing still. Getting the opposing defenseman moving and adding an uptempo to the top line offense will only help the Sharks as they go forward.

See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment